Time: April 21, 2010 from 6:15pm to 8:30pm
Location: St. Peter's By-the-Sea, Social Hall
Street: 545 Shasta Avenue
City/Town: Morro Bay
Website or Map: http://www.stpetersmorrobay.o…
Event Type: potluck, film, discussion
Organized By: Susan Wood
Latest Activity: Apr 12, 2010
See a 25-minute video presentation with Rob Hopkins, founder of the Transition Towns movement, speaking about this grassroots initiative that addresses moving from oil dependence to local resilience at the community level.
Transition Towns groups organize locally to:
• develop a thriving economy
• promote organic food from local farms and community gardens
• increase energy efficiency
• encourage local renewables
• provide support, inspiration, and networking possibilities.
Local action groups are forming around water conservation and food production and there will be time to have small group discussions.